Verse of the Day

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Finally A Super Bowl Worth Watching

If terrorists had struck this year's Super Bowl, I would only be four miles away from Ground Zero. Fortunately, that didn't happen, and we're still standing here.

I drove past the stadium after church just a couple of hours before the game (just so I can say that I drove past the host stadium on Super Bowl Sunday).

I typically don't watch NFL football except for the Super Bowl - and I typically only watch that for the commercials. This year was no exception. I thought it interesting that insects didn't fare well this year (a firefly caught by a spider, a grasshopper eaten by a lizard, and another grasshopper sucked into, then blown out of a Shopvac, then run over by a robot. Yet another grasshopper was found screaming in terror but was otherwise okay).

But tonight's game itself was worth watching. A close game with the underdog eeking out a victory is always exciting.

I didn't really care at first who to root for, although New York was my slim favorite just because they were the underdog. Then Randy Moss of the Patriots shot his mouth off saying that Arizona wasn't that great of a place to be for the Super Bowl and that he'd rather be in Miami. Then I became a Giants fan.

Great game. Great result: Giants win 17-14. Be sure the door hits you on the way out, Randy.

No comments: