Verse of the Day

Saturday, March 3, 2007

Life in the Fast Lane

It's that sort of busy time of year, and it's been sort of busy around here, but a lot's been accomplished.

I borrowed my dad's pole saw (chainsaw-on-a-stick) and trimmed up our mulberry tree real good. February is the best time to do that so you catch them before they bud and bloom. Besides, we had bulk trash pick up. I'm eyeing other trees in the yard now for the next bulk pick up. Fun. I like chainsaws-on-a-stick. Heck, I just like chainsaws.

I had my wife get our healthcare reimbursement figured out, which in turn helped get our medical expenses figured out for taxes. Then I did our taxes (nice and early) and we already have our Federal and state refunds.

Then last week I got to write up my annual performance appraisal for work. Fun (NOT!).

All this in light of our upcoming vacation plans. My wife has an aunt who lives in Maryland - right smack dab between Washington and Baltimore. Can you say "sightseeing?" I've never been to Washington, but I've always wanted to go there. And we'll see a bit of Baltimore also. It's kind of ironic - I've been to five national capitals in my travels, but never our own. Being the history buff that I am, I am really looking forward to this trip.

No comments: