Verse of the Day

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Back From Camp

Another summer music camp has come and gone...now I'm back home where it's nice and hot (whoopee).

This year's camp was a bit smaller as about a dozen kids we usually get from one particular church did not come this year. Too bad.

We also had a rather unfortunate and serious incident (of which I can't really elaborate) that resulted in sending one camper home. On Wednesday night, Pastor B and I drove back to Phoenix to take him home. Not something I ever want to do again.

Otherwise, it was a really great camp. The children wrote and performed a wonderful little opera. The weather was cool (even downright cold one day), and we even got to have campfires despite the fire danger.

From our church we had three children attend this year - they all had a great time. Their parents and grandparents can attest to that.

As for me, this was perhaps the best camp experience (even with the glitch) that I've ever had. There's just something about that place. I consider it one of my God places. As one of my fellow staff members said, it's a place that helps turn my spiritual life back to normal. Without a doubt, I prayed more this past week than I have been lately. I got to catch up with some old friends and make some new ones, all with whom there was much levity. My friends at church told me today that I looked more peaceful. Well, I sure feel that way. Onward and upward.

No comments: