Verse of the Day

Saturday, June 2, 2007

Checking In

With everything going lately, I've been too busy to blog. So here's the latest:

Met The Future In-Laws
With J and R's wedding coming up in October, it was decided that we should meet with J's future in-laws. So we met for dinner at J and R's house last Sunday evening. Nice folks. Not surprising since they have such a nice son. Got to see the grandson, the future granddaughter, the grandpuppy, and grandcat also. It was a grand evening.

The Grandpuppy Visits
We got to see Zoe again on Monday evening. Zoe had some surgery on a fractured front leg recently, and she now seems no worse for the wear. I think Princess can attest to that. Zoe has grown a bit since she last visited and is probably two or three times bigger than Princess. When I got home, I was being told to go rescue Princess from her "mauling" - and indeed she was pretty wet around the neck and sides from all the dog slobber. But closer observation of their antics revealed that Princess was the chief instigator (gotta love a little dog with attitude) and Zoe was just being a puppy. Princess, as usual would let Zoe chase her around and around the chair, then turn around and get in her face. Zoe's usual defense was body-slam Princess and sit on her. Funny and cute.

Nice BBQ at Church
For the Memorial Day weekend, it was decided by our Congregational Care Committee (of which I am now a member) to hold a barbeque. I was volunteered to flip burgers on the church's new charcoal grill. Hmmm. Standing by an open fire on a May afternoon in Phoenix. Actually, it wasn't too bad - we were in the shade (although it was just a palm tree). Lucky, the church cat, layed in the grass next to us - no doubt hoping for a handout or an accidental drop. The food turned out great. The best part of it was the fellowship with my fellow griller and our kitchen helpers. I'd do that again in a heartbeat.

Princess Goes to the Vet
Princess was overdue on her shots so I took her in Thursday for her exam. All is well with her, although she seems to have allergies (which I've noticed whenever she's been out on the grass for a while). I don't think she was too traumatized, but between the thermometer, two shots, and (pardon my sharing of TMI) an expressing of her anal glands, Princess didn't seem to appreciate the extra attention toward her rump. I made it up to with a trip to Petsmart.

Camp is Coming Up
A week from now I shall be packing for my week at summer music camp. Should be fun as always, even with the challenges one normally faces when dealing with that many kids. Mingus Mountain is my favorite "God place" and I look forward to spending some time up there.

No comments: