Verse of the Day

Monday, July 28, 2008

Midsummer Musings: High School Reunion

I had just come home from a week at camp when I just as quickly took off for my 30-year high school reunion.

It was fun to see some old friends (although a little disappointing that some others didn't show). Lots of memories were shared with folks I hadn't seen in 10, 20, or even 30 years. One surprise was seeing someone who had been at a retreat I had led (I didn't know him in high school). And I knew his wife - a pastor with whom I had served on another retreat.

Another surprise was that I actually sang karaoke - something I had never done before. I picked out Desperado by the Eagles. Although I was not in the best voice (my throat was still scratchy from performing my pirate voice two nights prior), it actually turned out okay and I got a rousing ovation. Even the guy running the karaoke said it was good.

It was a fun evening. Hopefully I don't have to wait another ten years to see some of these folks again.

No comments: