Verse of the Day

Monday, July 28, 2008

Midsummer Musings: What I've Learned

I've learned a few new things so far this summer:
  1. There is always something new and exciting to discover even in the most familiar places.
  2. Camp rules need to include rules against cross-dressing.
  3. Talking like a pirate is hard on the voice.
  4. Some of my high school classmates look old.
  5. Some of my high school classmates still look hot.
  6. I love singing karaoke.
  7. Air conditioners are built to be more efficient than they were even just 10 years ago.
  8. Toilets are built to be more efficient and flush less than they did prior to 1994.
  9. Toilets are easy to install.
  10. The wax ring used in installing toilets is really disgusting - even when it's clean.
  11. There's a better way to get to Prescott and avoid the traffic on the main highway.
  12. Our dog is smarter than I thought.
  13. 18-inch tiles are heavier than they look.

Again, I've been reminded that God doesn't give us more than we can handle, and gives us just enough of the resources we need. Between the refinance, a generous tax refund and a stimulus check, we have had just enough to pay for new flooring and a new air conditioner without going further into debt. Nice.

And as always, good friends are more valuable than money in the bank.

No comments: