Verse of the Day

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Don't Ever Question My Patriotism

I love this country of ours. I love its history, its traditions, and its values. I love that we can speak freely and disagree and we don't tend to kill each other over it (for the most part) like they do in other countries.

I abide by the laws, I pay my taxes, and I pay my bills. And I bitch and moan when the bills seem too high and the laws so restrictive you can't breathe. But I am a patriot.

Those who are able to pay their bills but choose not to are unpatriotic. Lenders who give mortgages and loans to people who don't actually qualify are unpatriotic. Speculators who artificially jack up the prices of their commodities - be it real estate, oil, or whatever - to satisfy their greed are unpatriotic. Those who are perfectly able to hold a job but choose to leech off of our welfare system instead are unpatriotic. Those who exploit children and the elderly are unpatriotic. Those of you whom I trusted when I voted you into office and chose instead to betray my trust are unpatriotic.

I am a hard-working American who has earned what he has. And if it's alright with you, I'd like to keep my nest egg. It just angers the hell out of me that I have to pay for the mistakes made by a lot of unpatriotic people.

And what ever you do, don't you EVER question my patriotism. You're liable to find a flag planted where the sun don't shine.

No comments: